CASA DEL DOTTORE
Historical notes about Passignano.
Passignano is a small village that rises from the shores of Lake Trasimeno and is reflected in its gentle waters. The town, which flourished in the 16th century, is based around the charming medieval centre – although its roots go back far further – and is dominated by the Rocca castle.
The ancient heart of Passignano is ringed by medieval walls with three gateways, Castello, Torri and Torrioni, that bear witness to the transformation of what had been a small farming village in Roman times into a castle and fortress in the Middle Ages. The Rocca also houses a boat museum, with boats used on Italian inland waterways. Passignano’s history spans two thousand years before it became part of the Grand Duchy of Tuscany in 1643; it then shared the fate of that region until it was incorporated into the Kingdom of Italy in 1860.
Ferries leave from the pier at Passignano to the islands of Lake Trasimeno, Polvese and Maggiore.
Castel Rigone, Col Piccione, Le Crete, Pischiello, San Donato and San Vito are all villages in the area.
• Nearest airport: Perugia 40 km
• Montalcino 73 km
• Cortona 20 km
• Perugia 30 km
• Assisi 50 km
• Siena 70 km
• Orvieto 100 km
• Firenze 122 km
• Roma 210 km
Located on a high ground on the northern bank of Trasimeno Lake where the Appennini can be seen, near the little town of Passignano sul Trasimeno inside uncontaminated view in touch with nature. This new project is the union of two harmonic volumes that interface becoming a whole. The particularity of this building are the external walls , a part of which is plaster and painted with a stone that resembles the earth and a part is covered with stones to resemble the past and the traditions of old Umbria farmsteads. The construction is embellished with a beautiful terrace enriched with a wooden pergola that gives a exclusive view of the lake Trasimeno. The use and processing of the recycled materials such as bricks, stones, tiles and wooden beams allows by recreating the history of the preexsisting farmhouse. The garden is completely conform with the bushes that are already there and developed with local plants decorating the extern and adorn even more the building. All this is accompanied by a beautiful infinity pool composed of two pools where one falls like a waterfall on the other.
The handover time is about 12/15 months from the contract stipulation. Underground floor with 126 sq.m made up of a garage and a laundry room. Internal staircase connects to the ground floor. The ground floor is 186 sq.m made up of a big living room, a kitchen, a bedroom, bathroom and a technical room. Internal staircase connects to the first floor. First floor 147 sq.m has three rooms with bathrooms. Infinity pool meters 16×5. Propriety 10 Ha. A possible dependance sq.m. 60.