CASALE IL BORGO
Historical notes about Città della Pieve.
During Etruscan times, this area of Umbria was under the sway of the important Etruscan town of Chiusi. The Città della Pieve that we see today originated in the early Middle Ages around a parish church (a “Pieve”), dedicated to Saints Gervasio and Protasio, and was known as Castrum Plebis.
The establishment of the town was completed in 1326 with the building of a fortress by the Perugians, who, after the death of Emperor Frederick II in 1250, controlled Città della Pieve until 1529, when Pope Clement VII of the Medici family brought the town under the central dominion of the Church.
The most important buildings were erected between the 13th and 16th centuries, and bricks were used in their construction, since Città della Pieve had been a major centre of brick production for Tuscany and Umbria since the Middle Ages. Other towns in the area worth visiting are Monteggabione, Montegiove, Monteleone d’Orvieto and Ficulle.
• Nearest commercial and private airport: Perugia 55 km
• Montalcino 60 km
• Cortona 40 km
• Perugia 45 km
• Assisi 65 km
• Siena 90 km
• Arezzo 75 km
• Orvieto 45 km
• Firenze 130 km
• Roma 155 km
Casale Il Borgo is a beautiful property and will soon house one of the most beautiful villas in Umbria, with its impressive, elevated and private position providing panoramic views of Città della Pieve and classic Umbrian landscape.
The land is located one kilometre from Città della Pieve, on a hill surrounded by 61 hectares of ancient olive groves, vineyards and woodland.
Nestling in the natural surroundings, the property has the typical features of the region, while at the same time boasting all modern conveniences.
Thanks to the large amount of land, a mill for oil production and cellar for wine production could be added.
CASALE IL BORGO
Main house built on 2 floors and with a small tower (60 sqm): 850 sqm
Secondary residence: 100 sqm
Pool size: 15.00 m x 5.00 m
Our part in the project
Project Design, Construction, Interior Design